Monday, May 19, 2014

5-19-14

Last Sunday at 4:30 in the morning Cam and Tawna left to go home.  They got to Las Vegas and then had to drive home on Monday.  We missed them after they left but it was nice to get back to work.  I think when I am working it is another day marked off on the calendar.  This week has been uneventful.  No parties and no rats.  In costumes we have mended sails, zippers in clothes, and cut feathers.  Friday Kathy and I made a quilt with no batting inside for one of the girls that is leaving.  We used a pretty Hawaiian print and a plain backing for it with pillowcases to match.  They don't put batting in it because it is too warm over here. 

In sewing we have sewn sulus, shirts and dresses.  One afternoon I sewed 4 lava-lavas and I have sewn almost 2 dresses with pockets.  I always have dreaded pockets but I am getting better at them.  Denis has done about the same thing that he always does.  Did not have a breakdown this week.  He loves working with Ikaika (we call him our brown Brady) and the other  missionary who is also deaf and white haired, Grant Nielsen. 

We drove down to Mililani, which is about 1 hr. away to get brake shoes for the car.  Got them and came home.  Friday night he went to put them on and they were the wrong ones.  He got up Saturday morning and went down and exchanged them.  He came home and I was washing windows, he washed the outside and washed the screens.  I wished they would stay clean until we go. It was so hot yesterday that we both just about died.  He changed the brake shoes and then we got cleaned up and went to PCC to do tickets.  Kind of nice to sit in the shade and watch tourists from around the world.  Some are really strange!

Tonight we had a ward dinner and a birthday party for the Bishop.  He turned 45 today.  His little wife is Korean and she cooked all of the food which was Korean.  Fed about 150 kids.  They eat like they are starved.

After dinner we had to go over to a Mongolian Chapter or club.  Each country meets together once a month and has a devotional and discussed issues with their country.  We were asked to be the missionary couple to mentor them.  I don't know what we do.  They speak Mongolian all evening.  One boy sat by us and translated what was being said.  I work with 4 of the Mongolian girls.  They are the cutest little girls and mothers.  Going to school, working 19 hours a week and having families. Very gentle, quiet people.
Kids at the Mongolian Club.  There are about 25 kids who go to school here.

Deaun is coming tomorrow.  We will work in the morning and get her in the afternoon.  She will be here for about 10 days.  She was going to stay with us but she called last night and said she had a motel room about 15 miles from here.  I hope she has a relaxing time. 
Tomato (Tomomi) is a little girl from Japan.  I have known her since last summer.  She doesn't talk too much and has many troubles.  She has become Denis and mine little friend.  She likes to come to our house.  She is weaving a bracelet with Spongebob in it.  She uses embroidery thread.  She makes up her own designs.

Have a good week. 
Love, Sherleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, question or leave messages!