Monday, August 18, 2014

8-18-14

Last week of our mission.  Kind of sad when you think that we have been here for 18 months, made friends, a little one bedroom apt. has been our home and our life evolves around doing work for the Lord.  Yesterday as we were driving around we kept saying, "Why haven't we done that or searched out that beach or tried that restaurant?"  Too late now but we have made really good friends and have fond memories of all of the students as well as neighbors.

This week we did our last ticket taking at PCC.  Seemed good to get that checked off the list.  We were down for 3 nights but only did 2 nights.  The last night was canceled.  We have quite a few of complimentary tickets left and we have been getting tickets for some families we know who couldn't have afforded to go it they had to pay for it.  We took Ikaika and his wife, sister, and mom and dad.  First time I have met them.  We really enjoyed visiting with them and they enjoyed the food at Prime Dining.  We love Ikaika and his wife Nalauni.  They are so cute and we will really miss them, Denis especially.

This week in costumes we have made costumes for several of the villages.  Don't even know what you call them.  We will work until Thursday.  Wednesday is our last day of work and they are having a party for me in sewing and costumes.  I hate being the center of attention.  Just let me go off in the wild blue yonder.  I don't like good-byes.  A little like my mom.

Saturday night I had 3 couples over for supper.  I told them I was cleaning out the fridge.  We had french dip, potato salad, fruit salad, cherry pie and ice-cream.  We sat and talked for about 3 1/2 hours.  Had a good time but as they were leaving Cathy Tremea fell on some asphalt that had buckled up and fell head first.  Hit her head, hurt her hip and scraped her elbow.  I worried all night about her.  She said she felt like she had been run over but she was staying home today and resting.  Falls are not easy for us old people.

Today we had to talk in church.  Honestly, I always have to cry.  I would love to stand and talk normal like everybody else.  It was real sad to tell the kids good-bye but next week will be the real deal.  I tell them we are celestial friends.  Probably will never see them again until the next life.  Had a linger-longer after church.  The kids love that.  They really eat up. 

Got cleaning to do and things to go through and throw away and decide what to take home.  Don't want a lot of stuff.  I keep thinking about what I am going to do when I get home.  All I think of is spending time with my grandkids and getting my yard and house in order for fall.  I am so excited to enjoy the fall.  Have a good week.  
Love, Sherleen

I didn't take any pictures this week because I got my camera out and the lens would not come out.  Denis wondered if I had sand in it.  Can you imagine sand in my camera?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, question or leave messages!