Friday, February 22, 2013

The Call

We received our call on Wednesday, February 20, 2013.  We have been called serve in the Hawaii Honolulu Mission, at the Polynesian Cultural Center for 18 months.  We were asked to report to the MTC on March 11, 2013, but that was waived today in order to expedite our arrival at the PCC. We will fly directly to Hawaii on the 11th.  This will be a service mission, not a proselytizing one.  Denis will be working as an electrician, and I will find somewhere to make myself useful, likely sewing for the pageant or wherever else I am needed. 

We are excited but sad to leave all of our family and friends and most of all our grandchildren. The Lord does love us and wants to make our dreams and wishes happen. There will be no farewell so don't think you missed it. It ain't happening. 

We feel like we are going on an extended vacation but must remind ourselves that we are doing work for the Lord. Thursday was a busy day making phone calls and getting e-mails from Elder Palmer trying to get things set up. We are looking at apartments that he has found, and Denis has been looking for old used cars for sale over there as well. I am just spinning my wheels thinking of all we need to do, so guess what I do. I make cookies instead!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have a blog. I am even more glad I got to visit with you guys today! I'm excited for your journey and I'm grateful for your service in Hawaii :) you guys will be grate!! Love ya Jalane

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, question or leave messages!