Today means we have 4 days left before we
get on the plane. All night I am itemizing everything that goes into
our suitcases. Living for 2 years with what is in my bags overwhelms
me. In the night I got an idea to put small jars of spices into the
bottom of our shoes to take with us, then I can still bake good things.
I am starting to get nervous as well as getting a lump in my throat. I
have spent time with my grandkids this last week savoring every
moment. I just want to be able to smell them!
We each have 2
suitcases and little does Denis know I am using about 3 and he has 1.
He just lets me pack for him and he needs very little clothing because
the PCC provides his work clothing every day and all he needs is 1 suit
and weekend clothes. I had about 10 pair of shoes but I put 3 back into my closet. I keep thinking that less is more.
We have rented a 900 sq. ft. apartment with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. It has windows on every side viewing the ocean on one side and the mountains on the other side. Also I can see lots of rooftops of other homes and buildings. They say it is only 2 minutes from the PCC.
I am sure it will be a culture shock but I am determined to fly by the seat of my pants and enjoy every single day.
I love the idea of the spices in your shoes...they will smell terrific! Call me I will send you stuff you need!
ReplyDeletexo Bonnie