Today is Monday March 18, my first day of work. Denis went with Elder
Palmer to another town to get our "new" (ha-ha) 2000 Camry registered. It
is kind of a golden tan and not so pretty but it had 88,000 miles on it
and it was one of the better ones we looked at. Denis spent this
afternoon cleaning it and scrubbing the carpets. The cute little girls
from downstairs kept him entertained.
This morning we went over to the
college where I reported for dumpster diving. I can wear shorts, tennis
shoes or sandals. It is called "Give and Take". It is like the D.I.,
only for the college kids who need clothes and things for their apartments.
Some of the kids come with no clothes at all and are so poor they can't
afford any. This is a place they can have them for free. I have met
kids from Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mongolia, Samoa, and a lot of little islands
I have never heard of. The PCC is a place that will employ them while
they go to school.
| Here is a picture of the neighbor's pig that I mentioned in the last post. |
| Lots of lizards here - my little boys would LOVE them. |
This afternoon I went over to where they sew all of
the costumes for the villages and the night performance. I am working
on an industrial machine. Today she wanted me to just try it to get used
to it so I took a bunch of scraps and pieced them together to make me a
table runner for our table.
Tonight we have an appointment to meet the
mission president after home evening. Yesterday we went to church with
the family downstairs. The church sits up on a hill and you can look
out through the palm trees and see the ocean. It was so beautiful. We
didn't get a picture but hopefully we can. After church I put in some
potatoes to bake and we went for a walk on the beach. It was overcast
and a little cool.
| This beach is about 1/2 block from our apartment. We can only walk along it at low tide. |
| Denis has taken to collecting rocks on his beach walks. He brought this one home for me to wash. |
| This beach is just down the road a little ways. |
I just wished we had some friends to drop in on us.
By bedtime we are bored at looking at each other and we just eat for
something to do. Denis will be wearing a skirt home if he doesn't quit
picking in food so much and I will be in an over-sized mu mu. Take care- we love
all of you and miss you. Another day done! Sherleen
Aloha Sister Cooper! I miss you a lot. Tell Grandpa hi from me. I hope you are being kept busy over in Hawaii. Thanks for picking me up and taking me to the library( both of you)! Love, Sydni
ReplyDeleteBring me back a over sized mu mu too :)
ReplyDeleteAWESOME BroSis Coop!! Keep the posts and pics coming!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you'll need to take up water color painting instead of 'grazing' when you're bored! Have Coop take some photos of what his job is... would like to see what he does.
HL
StuB
I wish we could drop in!
ReplyDeletexo Bon