Wednesday, June 12, 2013

6-10-13

2 more days and we will have 3 months behind us.  Seems so fast but yet so long since we have seen our grandkids and our home.  I have forgotten what cold air feels like.  The last 10 days have gone so fast.  Today we took Kenzie to the airport to go home.  I really felt sad about her leaving but we have had a lot of laughs and good times.  She is not overly energetic so we didn't have to do a lot of going but we did want her to see the sights.  She left us for 3 days to go to the big island of Hawaii for Maria's wedding.  She said it was beautiful over there too.  On Monday we went to Pearl Harbor and wanted to take her over to the Arizona Memorial and see it.  We got there at 1 P.M.  but they said if you were not there by 6:30 in the morning you could not get tickets to go over.  It also took 2 months to reserve them on the computer.  We walked around and looked through the museum and left.  
Arizona Memorial
Pearl Harbor
Tuesday Denis and I went to work and Mekenzie went to the beach.  She had to get that tan.  On Wednesday she flew over to Hawaii.  On Saturday she came back so we went to Wiamea Falls and walked about 1 mile to see the falls as well as look at all the botanical flowers and trees.  I think the Lord started out here creating the plants because I have never seen so many different and beautiful flowers and trees.  She and her dad had a good time taking pictures with their big fancy cameras.  I just had my little light weight one which isn't near as heavy and takes almost as good of pictures.  We stopped and got some lunch and then got home about 2 P.M.   She went down to the beach again but it is just too hot for me.  I will probably stay white.   Goes with the old age. 
Walking the beach
These blue jelly fish were all over the beach!
House we looked at for Kate and Moose to rent.  Too dirty on the inside.  

A tree covered with vines - even onto the limbs of the tree.  Kenzie said the tree grew a sweater.

 Denis & Mekenzie looking at flowers in the botanical garden.
The end of the hike where the fall is.

Kenzie's mess in the corner of our front room.

Today (Sunday) we went to the airport to get Sydni and her cousin Mallory who both graduated from high school.  For graduation they got a trip to Hawaii.  We were so excited to see them.  They get to stay for 2 weeks.   I hope we can keep them busy and that they will have a good time.  We made 2 trips to the airport today.  We will go to work tomorrow and let the girls get caught up on their sleep.  They already have walked the beach twice.  

This week will be busy at Give and Take.  It is the end of  one of the two summer sessions and kids are leaving to go home for the summer.  We will be getting lots of "stuff" to sort.   I am 2 days late with my blog but I will cover from Sunday to Sunday.  I have already got things to write about for next week so stay tuned.   Love Sherleen

4 comments:

  1. So glad you get to have some family visiting you guys! Tell Denis he's supposed to take his white socks off when he wears sandals. Oh just kidding they aren't socks!! Haha Glad you're having a good time. We love you guys! Yode and Jeanette Voth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! We loved your "socks" comments. Maysen's comment was "Oh Grandpa. How can I ever un-see that?"

      Delete
  2. I to am so glad that your family has been there to see you..can't believe that you have been gone for 3 months..it seems longer..miss you lots..keep up the blog it is great. Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently Mekenzie forgot all I've taught her about traveling. She's only allowed one bag when she goes with me!! Guess next time she comes I'll have to come with and set her straight! Love, love the blog. Glad to see you are doing well. So fun Syd gets to come! She'll remember this forever.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, question or leave messages!