Today, Sunday has been a quiet day for us. The girls went back
yesterday after their flight had been delayed for 4 hours. They got
home at 6 a.m. Utah time. After their flight to Boise they had a four
hour drive home. I hear they didn't sleep then either. We are already
missing them but boy did I have a good nap this afternoon. When we got
home yesterday we cleaned and I think we had half of the beach in our
apartment. They were so good and we really enjoyed them.
Monday evening we
went to the visitor center at the Laie Temple and let them walk around
the temple grounds. Tuesday morning we got up and I took the girls to
be baptized for the dead. They had brought recommends with them from
their Bishops. Everyone in the temple made them feel so welcome and
were so kind to them. They let me go in when they received the Holy
Ghost and then they took them out to be baptized. The 12 oxen were
standing as patiently as the day they were put there. The temple is so
beautiful and new but so tiny. Immaculate just like all the other
temples. The girls were done by 9 a.m.
| This tree was in the corner of the temple. The roots grow upward on it. |
We have continued to work
while they either lay on the beach, or stay in the apartment. They have done
a lot of reading and texting to friends or playing on their iPods. Thursday, Denis and I took the
whole day off and we took the girls to Waimea Falls and to the Dole Pineapple Plantation. I think the Falls was one of their favorite places.
Lots of beautiful flowers and trees and bushes. It is about a mile walk
on asphalt and all along are the forest plants from all over the
world.
| Waimea Falls |
| I had to go to the bathroom at the falls and I walked in on someone and about shocked me and them to death. The girls thought that it was so funny. We laughed and laughed about it. |
| A weird kind of duck and her baby. Syd loved them! |
Then we rode over to the plantation and the girls learned that
pineapples grow out of the top of the plant. It takes about 14 months
to grow a pineapple. They bought some gifts to take home. Wasn't too
exciting there.
| Little baby pineapple |
| Girls at the pineapple plantation. Syd remembered this from her last trip. It was surprising how many things she remembered from before. |
On Friday the girls went to Hukilau Beach and boogie
boarded. They went by themselves while we were at work. They learned
that over here one minute it rains and the next there is sunshine. One
thing about rain is you get wet but you don't get cold. It still stays
warm. We hated to see them go but Denis and I aren't young and we get
worn out. We will have good memories of their trip and how good of
girls they are. Time to go to bed and get up tomorrow for work.
Love,
Sherleen
You look so pretty, Sherleen. Luv, Kate
ReplyDeleteFrank wants to know if you'd take a day off and show us around and we'll come visit too!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how beautiful the flowers are, you will be unhappy with the flowers here. You and Denis are becoming quite the tour guides. Just remember the easy to get to places for when I can get over there. You look happy and busy. love ya Deaun
ReplyDelete