Every week I think I don't have anything to write about. Kelly told me
to let Denis take a turn and tell about his week and his work. I
suggested it to him and that went over like a lead balloon. So here I
am again.
Seems like we do the same thing every week. Work and take
tickets for the Polynesian Center. Sometimes we happen to add a few trips to
town etc. One day we were coming back from Schofield and this is the
traffic. At night we can make it in about 45 minutes but on an
afternoon and early evening this is the way it is. Bumper to bumper.
People park right along the beaches and there is no space. The speed is
35 mph.
This week we have lost 2 of my favorite missionary couples.
They have gone home from their missions. Sis. Ina and her husband who
was a Hawaiian lives in Oregon. She sewed with me and he started up a
painting dept. for the PCC. Very nice people and especially nice to the
new ones. This is a good-bye party we had for her in the sewing dept.
This is our up to date modern sewing room. It is air-conditioned and I
love going there. We have a lot of fun.
Took tickets 2 times this week
and it poured rain one of the days. Tourists are so funny to
watch-especially from other countries. About every other month one of
the villages have a devotional on Saturday morning for the missionaries
and the families. They serve us breakfast and have a flag ceremony from
their country and a devotional sharing their testimonies and songs from
their country. You will notice the ties, cumber-buns and red dresses.
The sewing dept makes these kinds of things for them. We were sewing right up
to quitting time on Friday. These are held in their village on the
PCC. Very spiritual and very impressive. The songs they sing are in
their native language and they move you to tears. These kid sang in
French as well as in the Tahitian language. All of these Polynesian
people have beautiful voices.
| Flag ceremony at the Tahitian village |
| Devotional |
The last picture is of Pres. Grace who
took over the Polynesian Center the week we came out. He is from New
Zealand (Jeremy) and really a nice man. Very friendly and very funny. I
think he will change a lot of things for the better here.
Friday I
got to go over to the temple and meet one of my favorite babysitters
when I was 8 or 9 years old. Her name was Bernella Smith. She use to
babysit us kids in Junction. I have not seen her since we moved years
ago. I happened to learn she was over here visiting a daughter, so I
called her last Sunday and she said she would be to the temple on
Friday. I was so happy to see her. When I was little I remember
sitting with her in church. It was my birthday and I asked her if she
was going to give me a present. She immediately told me you do not ask
for presents. I have told my kids and grandkids that story many times.
She said she did not remember. I sure did! I was embarrassed at the
time and I have never forgotten that. Sunday is almost over and
another week will begin. Be safe and happy. I think we are starting to
adjust but I am still sweating.
Love, Sherleen
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to comment, question or leave messages!