The end of July here already. The weeks go by fast. The winds have blown
all week and I have been pretty comfortable unless I am outside digging
in the junk. My little friend Halina from Switzerland has quit at Give
and Take. She has worked in the mornings there since she came on her
mission (about 10 months). She felt like she needed a change. I will
sure miss her. Last week I parked my car along the road by the Give and Take
buildings and got a parking ticket. It said I did not have a permit to
park there. Ticket was $40.00---I was miffed. Took it over to the man in
charge of us and he said he would take care of it. My bets are he will
forget and I will end up in college jail. Oh well!
Our new Elder
missionary to take Elder Palmer's place came this week. He is from
Ephriam, Utah. I think he was over the Institute at Snow College. His last
name is Pollock. He will be over all the senior missionaries. We will
sure miss Elder and Sister Palmer.
Friday we had another party at
sewing. It was a brunch for Nona. She cuts all of the material out
with no patterns. She turned 74 years old. Her little hands still work
after 45 years of cutting. She has to soak them and rub them with oil
every night to stop them from aching. She is so kind and has the
cutest laugh. It makes us all happy.
Saturday Denis wanted to go to
down to Honolulu and go thru a rain forest called Tantalus Drive. In my
mind I pictured a narrow road up on top of a mountain thru all kinds of
lush greenery. Guess what, it was just out of Honolulu on a little
windey road with houses all around and back in the forest. Kind of a
disappointment for a rain forest. We then went down into Honolulu and
went to the 15th biggest mall in the U.S. I can't imagine bigger ones.
Had a good day with our missionary friends.
| These are pictures looking out over Honolulu from the rain forest. |
| The big mountain behind us is Diamond Head. |
| The beach and ocean is Waikiki. It is a very densely populated city. |
| One side is the mountains and the other side you can see the Hickam Air Force Base runway and another city runway. (left & center in picture) |
I missed being home this
week because little Easton had his tonsils out. He survived and is
feeling better even without Grandma. I had a good thought though. In
September we will have 6 months done and only 1 year to go. I just
can't figure out why it is important for grandparents to go on missions
and leave behind their little grandkids and family. A time that will
go by and we will never get to be there. We are doing the Lord's work
and helping others- I have to remind myself daily.
Have a good
week--we are suppose to be hit with the tail of a hurricane this week
and have severe raining and winds. If we have not washed into the ocean,
I will post again next week. Denis got a new missionary electrician to
work with him. He is from Arizona. Shorter than Denis but you see
them together riding around in their little cart and both have full
heads of white hair. Just old is all I can say.
Love Sherleen

What do you do when Denis is just reading? Honolulu is beautiful and I didn't realize how big it is. I am taking the Young Women to play in the river where we had girls camp tomorrow. they have begged to go there. It will be my first activity without Colette and Mandy there and I had to find someone to help drive us there! Sierra is going in to have jaw surgery on Wednesday this week. It is almost a repeat of her surgery of when she was 12. I think it is harder to have a surgery that you've had once because you know what you are in for!
ReplyDeleteI will post more on my blog: bonblondblog.blogspot.com
Have a great week!
When I was reading your blog and with Bonnies comment about camp I can't help but think of our experience at camp with the girls. That was really fun. JoAnn
ReplyDelete