Sunday, December 1, 2013

12-1-13 (by Denis)

These are pictures of the New Zealand village under construction that we have been working on.  A couple of weeks ago they redone and reinstalled the chief's statue on this building.  They have had a master carver here from New Zealand redoing the carvings on the buildings. He was one of the original people that helped build this village 50 some years ago.  He is 69 and has been here for about 3 weeks.  He's a member of the church and said he was 17 or 18 when he first came here to work. 


These other buildings are ceremony huts and a museum.  Since I have taken these photos they now have grass laid out in the center. 
The last picture is of an electrical rack that we build to supply power to the village and huts.  We have 7 of them just in this one village. 
  ~Denis

(I saw these pictures of the sunrise re-opening ceremony on the PCC FB page, so I'm adding them too.) ~Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, question or leave messages!