Monday, December 9, 2013

12-9-13

Another week doing the same thing with 1 exception.  I have grown a year older and am working more than I have done for years.  This week I have been working on aprons that goes over sulus.  They look just like short pleated skirts worn over long skirts.  I think it is a Fiji dancer's costume.  I have to make 15 of them.  
 
Tuesday morning we went into work and we had caught our 9th rat.  This was in the closet and he had gotten out of the trap.  He climbed under the door into the main area and left a pool of blood.  He then climbed up on a pile of clothes on the table and laid there.  The 2 girls who go to school came in and found it still alive.  The little girl from China about had a heart attack.  The other little girl ran and got a man to come finish killing it.  When we got there the pool of blood was still on the floor.  I sewed about 3 feet from it.  I was not going to clean up the mess.  I laughed to myself thinking about what we don't do on a mission.  
 
I took in 12 sets of Mary and Joseph's on Monday and the lady I have taught to help me took in her first 14 sets also.  By Friday night they only had 1 coconut nativity scene left.  I have worked all weekend making another 15 sets for the PCC to sell.  I guess the demand is high for Christmas.  Speaking of Christmas, it sure does not seem like it with the warm weather and all.  The Xmas lights are up and the stores are playing music but I have not got the feeling of excitement I usually get at this time of year.  I have not decorated and I am not going to.  My theory is to be so NOT like Christmas that I won't get homesick!
 
Thursday was my birthday and a sister missionary and I took the day off to go shopping. We have never ventured off without our husbands but we decided we would try.  We didn't even get lost.  Seemed so nice just to take our time and not have someone sitting in the car or standing right behind us as we shop.   My kids and friends all called me and some sent gifts.  I couldn't believe people remembered it.  My biggest fear is that I will be gone so long that my grandkids and friends will forget me.  I sure hope they won't.
 
Today was church and I gave the lesson in Sunday School on Family records, Indexing and Temple work for the dead.  I think I kind of got a little desire to learn more about Indexing.   Sounds a lot like the Path program that I did probably 15-20 years ago.  I told Denis he needs to do this instead of reading and wasting time.  I sound just like my mother!  That is the next thing on my list for Denis and I to do.  Since 2006 over a billion names have been done and there are still several billions left to do.  The spirit world must be HUGE.
 
Over 30 girls from our ward have graduated this month and will be going home or to other  destinations for jobs.  A few boys were leaving but not such a big number as the girls.  We just get to know them and then they are gone.  Another week of work but no parties are scheduled.  Our only excitement is seeing how many more rats will we get.  
 
Here are some pictures Denis has taken:
Shoreline just below us.  Looking over at the big house that has 10 bedrooms, a lap pool in foyer and 9 acres.  Quite run down.  For sale for 10 million dollars.
The rock wall right below our place about 1/2 block.

Algae in same area.
Pipe that was used years ago for drainage into the ocean.

A flower in a pot called a desert rose.  It is in Diana's (our landlord) yard.
Have a safe week and if you get too cold come on over to the warmth and the sunshine.
Love, Sherleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, question or leave messages!