This week has been a fun week. All we do is party and eat over here.
We worked 3 days this week plus having parties on Monday and Wednesday.
In costumes we had a big dinner and they had potato salad. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I hadn't had any since I left in
March. It is just rice, rice and more rice. We try to accomplish
something each day even though we play.
Wednesday was a Thanksgiving
dinner in sewing. They made us do a turkey trot race. We couldn't run
but had to go as fast as possible with our arms flapping. They had the
younger girls start about 10 ft in back of us old sister missionaries.
We started out and guess who was in the front. That's right, it was me!
I was ahead the whole time. Problem was I stopped about 3 ft from the
finish line. Someone passed me up and went through the finish line. I
won second place because I stopped too soon. We had a good meal of
turkey and dressing. Potatoes and gravy and the works. That also
tasted good. They let us go home early so we were excited about that.
| The older senior missionaries getting ready to run. |
| The younger ones in back of us |
Thanksgiving day was spent at the college with about 120 kids from our
ward. We had so much food it was hard to know what to eat. The Bishop's
wife is Korean so she cooked a whole meal of Korean food also. The
mashed potatoes were still left but the rice was gone. I can't believe the
rice that they eat. They are always hungry! They had games before and
after plus karaoke. Most of the kids in our ward do not go home the
whole time they are here going to school.
| Thanksgiving dinner |
Sara is a Filipino and always smiling. She is one of our favorites.
|
Linda is a little girl from Vietnam. She is no more than 90 lbs. and so happy. One of our favorites also.
Bro.
Suguturaga is first counselor in Bishopric and was doing Karaoke. He
was dancing around. He is the chief of the Fiji Village at PCC.
|
Bishop McBride dancing and singing to Dancing Queen
|
After dinner a few couples
went down to the Secret beach where you can look over at Turtle Bay
Resort. We looked for sea shells and took pictures of the sunset.
| This is Secret Beach looking over to Turtle Bay Resort. This is the very north tip of Oahu. |
Friday and Saturday it rained and was cloudy but it was nice not to
have it so hot. Today was fast Sunday and we got to listen to the kid's
testimonies and how positive and happy they are. Many of them will be
leaving because they will graduate in the next 2 weeks. When I feel
down and sorry for myself all I have to do is look at these kids and see
their examples and give myself a scolding. I have to remember all of
my blessings and all of the materials things in life I have. I have got
to appreciate each moment of my life. Being grateful is important to
our happiness. Hope all of you had a good Thanksgiving. We missed not
being home but we also had a good day.
Love, Sherleen
Sherleen! I haven't forgotten and neither have the kids... They ask about you every week and we read the blog together. I am nursing Sierra this week as she had her FINAL surgery on her jaw. We thought she was having just the top but no she had them both done--again. She is recovering nicely and is happy to be done with her finals.
ReplyDeletelove, Bonnie