Monday, April 22, 2013

4-22-13

   Another week has gone by and this has been a very hard working week plus very hot and muggy.  Last Saturday the kids graduated from college and they all had a week off this week.  Lots and lots of stuff came into Give and Take.  We have sorted through 24 big bins of junk.  I think some of the kids literally left garbage and all for us to sort through.  The bad thing about it was all weekend it had rained and had gotten into the bins making all of the clothes wet and stinky.  We had clothes hanging on all the fences, garbages, and bins.  Such a mess.  We did have a lot of kids come over and volunteer their time and help to go through all of the stuff.  One day I was literally gagging.  I was so sick of other peoples junk.  

I am trying to think what was the strangest thing we ran into besides dirty underwear.  One day someone brought in a long lace veil.  We debated about throwing it away but decided to keep it.  The next day a little lady from India came in and wanted to know if we had a white wedding dress.  She and her husband and child were going to be sealed in the temple the next day.  I showed her this lacy veil and you would have thought you had given her the world.  She was so excited and said how she had said her prayers that morning for something beautiful to wear in the temple.  The Lord had listened to her.  I think how much we have and how little others have.  I can't help but wonder what the Lord thinks about some of us and our greed for things.  
Here, we senior missionaries are trying to break into an apartment.  Denis and Gary had put a table up to the bathroom window to climb through.  The window was about 2' x 2'.  They were too big so Kathy who is 67 and about 4'10"  climbed up and through the window.  She was so agile.  I couldn't believe it.  Finally got them into their apt.   
This week Denis and I took tickets in our new shirt and mumu.  Finished both of them and they looked nice.  I will get some pictures of us in them. Just like a couple of big Hawaiians.  At night I have been working on Mary and Joseph and I have cooked 14 of them.  Need to have them looked over and see what kind of a grade I get on them.  

Thursday Maysen turned 11 and we missed her birthday.  Thought all day about her and the rest of our grandkids.  Somedays I want to hold a baby so bad.  I am sure they don't smell like my grandkids.  
Maysen on the phone with Grandma & Grandpa
On Friday, Boyd (Denis's cousin) died.  Nina Lee has been keeping us posted on him.   We knew he was doing bad but when it finally comes to an end you really feel for the family.  Carolyn and Boyd were such fun people to be around.  One made the other one funny.  We will sure miss him at the cousin party.  

Denis has to talk at a Mongolian fireside tonight.  Every Sunday the kids of different countries get together in their own little groups and do things together.  Don't know a lot about it.  

Saturday we grocery shopped and went to a beautiful beach and looked around.  At this park a little old lady lives under the trees.  Very strange!  She feeds the cats and birds.  They crawl all over her while she lays on the blanket.  I was trying to figure out where she gets the money for food for her and the animals.  I took some pictures of her but didn't dare get any closer.  

The park that she stays at is really nice and green.



This is the beach where the cat lady lives.  It had rained so much that it washes this gully out of the beach area.  Over time the sand will wash back upon the beach and fill it in.  This happens over and over.

 Today we went to church and then had 2 couples over for dinner in my sweat box of a house.  I also had Paula Dean over for dinner.  She made the best carmel brownies.  Such a talker.  
Have a good week and we will too.  Every one says we will acclimatize to the weather.  When I quit complaining then you will know I have.  Love, Sherleen

1 comment:

  1. Paula Dean? How cool! Boyd was my grandpa's best friend and lives in Wellsville by them,sorry for the loss :( looks like you guys are doing great! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, question or leave messages!