Monday, February 3, 2014

02-03-14

It has been four weeks since I have written on the blog.  On Friday the 10th of January we flew out of Honolulu airport for HOME!  I was so excited to be going home to see the kids and family and friends.  We got into SLC about 9 P.M.  Kenzie had come up to take us home to Hyrum and to our surprise Kelly and Broc and her family were there.  Bridger had grown a big black mustache since we had left for our mission.  (Not really, he had a fake one on)  The kids had all grown taller and looked more mature.  
 When we got home Brady and Cameron and Brandon and his family came down to see us.  Little Daxton and Kynlee had really grown and Chance and Easton had grown much taller.  We finally went to bed at 1 A.M.   Boy, did our bed feel good!  
I couldn't spend a lot of time in bed because I had too much I wanted to do in 2 weeks time.  The next day which was Saturday, Kelly, Kenzie, Andrea & Stacey had a family wedding shower for Tawna.  I wanted to see Kelly's new home also.  We had a good day meeting Tawna's mom and seeing everyone in the family.  Lots of catching up to do.
Tawna and her mom
 Before I forget, Cameron had done a good job of cleaning the house and changing the sheets for me.  I was most amazed at the white kitchen sink. (He used Clorox wipes)  We had a lot to do before the wedding on Friday.  We had some Dr. and Dentist appts.  as well as insurance and tax things. 
Friday came and the wedding took place at 12:30.  The day was cold and sunny.  At 2:30 we had the dinner at the Bluebird.  Was good food and fun people.  The reception was held on Monday night in Taylorsville.  Had a good time visiting and meeting Tawna's friends as well as Cameron's. 
After the temple ceremony in Logan

Cameron talking to Tawna's twin brothers, Mack & Bo

Tawna at the SLC reception
Cutting the cake
Wednesday of the last week we met some missionaries who we knew in Hawaii that had gone home.  We ate and visited for awhile.  Only 3 more days and we had to fly back.  I was counting the days down.  I enjoyed the fireplace and my cozy home.  I did decide that I have too much stuff in my home.  I am going to dejunk when I get back.  Here on the island we live a much simpler life.  One couch, a table and four chairs, 4 plates, bowls, and cups.  Not a lot of things to clutter up the house.
Brady took us back to the airport in SLC.  He is getting married on the 15th of March but we won't be home for that one.  We will Skype it so we can be there.  He and his little family and Brandon's are coming over for l week on the 29th of March.  We have found some cute little apartments for them by the ocean.  Brian Summers and Jeff Hancey are coming over before that.  We are looking forward to their visits also.

We arrived home or in Hawaii about 7:30 P.M.  We were tired so we went to bed since we had to go to work in the morning.  We were ready to be back and to live the simple life again.  Not as hectic and just plain old routine.  Cell phones, and texting and skyping makes everything seem so close and not so far away.   The Mission Settlement had run out of Mary and Joseph's so I hurried to make about 12 pair.  I put them in to cook for their first baking and forgot them.  7 hours later I awoke and remembered them.  I got out of bed and ran to the kitchen.  They were blacker than black.  I am going to paint faces on a couple and see if I can make some Polynesian ones.  Work is kind of slow in both places as well as Denis' work.  It has been rainy all week but today it has been sunny.
Kathy the boss is making the necklace for the chief of one of the villages.  She holds rope with her feet so she can braid it.
I woke this morning and looked across the street.  The neighbors had put an old couch out on the street for the garbage about 2 weeks ago.  It was facing their wall.  I could see a full grocery cart as well as an umbrella over the couch and a quilt on the couch.  As I watched out the window a little lady sat up on the couch.  I called to Denis to come and see if a homeless person had come to live.  Sure enough, she had found a soft bed.  A little later the man who lives in the house where the couch came from walked out and said something to her.  In a minute out walked about 4 ladies to look over the wall.  Pretty soon the man came out with some food and water for her.  I think she got a little braver and sat up on the back of the couch.  I watched her wash her hands with the bottled water and put on some lipstick.  Off and on she would throw her arms and talk and talk.  Denis thought someone must be on the couch but there wasn't.  All day she talked to someone not there.  Later this afternoon she walked down to the beach and the man came out and threw all of her stuff in the cart and tipped the couch upside down so she couldn't lay on it.  Later the cops came and talked to her and sent her up the street with her cart.  It is so sad that people live like that and have no families or belongings.  I wonder where she is tonight.
 
Church was good today and we got to listen to kids bear their testimonies.  The air-conditioning was not working so it was rather hot.  I had to get out my old lady fan and use it.  Tomorrow is another day of work.  I am amazed how fast the weeks go.  Have a safe week. 
 Love, Sherleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, question or leave messages!