Seems like this week has been harder for me to get into
the spirit of things. I just want to go home to Hyrum. When I hear of the snow
and all, I long for my family and home. We have rain like you have snow
on the mainland. It has been cloudy and rainy all week. I carry my
umbrella as well as my purse. I notice a lot of the kids who wear flip
flops just walk through the puddles and don't even walk around them.
The weather is still in the 70's. Seems a little chilly so I have worn a
sweater all week. They don't turn down the air-conditioners at all.
They could save a little money there if they did.
Work is the same as usual. This week we have repaired the huge sail twice and made head dresses for the Fiji group. It is interesting to learn about these things as well as how to make them. Everything you put into it has a reason or meaning for why it is there.
| Headdress representing sun rays from the sun. A huge sea shell is on the front. |
| Headdress for the groom (Fiji) who is getting married. Is quite heavy. |
I also got to mend the boss
lady's favorite pants. We used masking tape! She keeps eating as she
explains she doesn't know why they ripped when she bent over.
I have took to unpicking things for a change. I have sewed so many men's shirts I am bored. Fatai had some things that needed to be remade to fit so I unpicked 3 dresses. Two of the little Malaysian girls fixed some of their food and brought over for us to try. It actually was pretty good. They made dumplings but they were a little different than what dad used to like. They made the dough out of flour and water, rolled it out real thin and then wrapped up ground beef that had been seasoned. They then steamed them in a little steamer. I would have liked some dip for them but they were better than fermented horse milk.
I have took to unpicking things for a change. I have sewed so many men's shirts I am bored. Fatai had some things that needed to be remade to fit so I unpicked 3 dresses. Two of the little Malaysian girls fixed some of their food and brought over for us to try. It actually was pretty good. They made dumplings but they were a little different than what dad used to like. They made the dough out of flour and water, rolled it out real thin and then wrapped up ground beef that had been seasoned. They then steamed them in a little steamer. I would have liked some dip for them but they were better than fermented horse milk.
Saturday Denis and I cleaned our whole 4 rooms, mopped the floors that get sticky feeling from the humid air. The black fuzz just bawls up as you go back and forth with the mop. We then went with the Tremea's to get something to eat and down about 35 miles to see an area that is called the Blow Hole. It wasn't spurting too much because the tide was out. It is a hole in a bunch of rocks that blows up a fountain of water every so often. Reminds me of Old Faithful. It was very cloudy and rainy but everything was so green and beautiful. When it is rainy the ocean is gray but when it is sunny it is turquoise. The Lord sure has made a lot of beautiful things for us to enjoy every where we go. (I am sounding like my mom!)
| Volcanic rock on edge of ocean. Area is by the blow hole. |
| Other side of ocean. Green mountains. |
| Area by blow hole. Kids were climbing all over this. Quite steep. Look close, maybe you can see the girl on the tip of the rock. |
| This is the area where the water spurts out. Right down in about the middle of the rock. Over from the stick that you see standing up. |
Sunday we had ward conference. Glad that is
over. At 6 P.M. we are having a ward dinner for the kids in the
ward. Don't know much about it but I know it is a lot of hard work for
the Bishop's wife. She is a Korean, very beautiful and nice. Nothing is
planned for next week out of the ordinary but we will keep on. Each week
done is another week closer to coming home. Be good and be safe.
Love,
Sherleen
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to comment, question or leave messages!