Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2-18-14

I am a day late but it gets harder to write because everything stays the same week after week.  Monday we had to call the rat patrol because we had caught our 10th rat.  They seemed to catch on to what the traps were all about.  The trap in our supply closet was tipped over so I looked closer and there was a dead rat underneath it.  I screamed and Kathy came running.  I called Denis and his buddy and they came over and took care of it.  Made Denis' day!

On Tuesday when we came back from lunch there were sirens, cop cars and fire engines all going up to Laie Point.  I have shown pictures of it.  It is a cliff that goes out into the ocean and there is a huge rock with a hole in it that you can see thru.  Kids go up and dive off at a certain place.  A 47 year old woman had driven her car off of the point and died.  The day before she had taken her belongings over to her sister's house and left them.   A lot of the workers at PCC knew her and were really surprised about it.  Even if we didn't know her we felt bad.

Rain, rain and more rain.  If it was snow we probably would have 12 inches of it.  I guess this is their winter.  It is still in the 70's.  We are beginning to get a little moldy.  We took tickets in the pouring rain on Thursday and that is a treat.  Holding an umbrella and tearing off stubs from the tickets, especially when you have 500 or 600 of them to tear.

Friday afternoon some of us got told we could go early from work.  Denis and I came home and had a real good nap and then went to Koneohe on some errands.

Saturday we took another missionary couple down to the Buddist Temple because they had never seen it.  It is a relaxing place to go and in such a beautiful setting.  One of the tourist stops that is cheap and it doesn't take all day to see it, not even a half of day.  We spent the evening at home and I got my Sunday School lesson.
Buddah Temple
Chinese bong- 6 ft. tall and 7 tons in weight

Peacock grooming its feathers up on a pole.  Didn't like the puddles.
Sunday was church and still raining.  The new building has air conditioning in it but the class rooms must be broke.  I just sweat, especially when I have to give the lesson.  I had made a game like Jeopardy.  The kids are just like Primary kids.  They love the games and treats that you give them.  We had about 18 boys and 3 girls.  They had fun and they always like to torment me.  That's why I sweat so much.

Monday was Pres. Day which we had off.  Denis wanted to drive the west side of the island because you can only go so far and then the road ends.  It doesn't have a road that goes clear around the island.  We went with 3 other couples and just seemed to get detoured doing other things.  We stopped at the Marriott and the Disney Hotels and walked around.  There were so many people that I felt smothered.  Heck if I would want a vacation crowded like that!  The rows of lounge chairs were just like chairs in a movie theater.  Row after row climbing over people and laying out there next to someone you had never seen.  Kids all over and parents trying to keep track of them.  Looked like hard work!  Denis finally gave up on trying to get to the end of the road.  We will give it another try some other day.
Beach in front of the Disney Hotel at Ko'Olina
Girl feeding sting ray.  Look at their long tails.  She had to reach way under to get to their mouths.

Sharks in another pool.  This shark is a hammer head.  Its eyes are on the edge of the rectangle head.
Regular sharks
Star fish. There was 2-3 different kinds of stars.
These fish were all different colors and very pretty.
This is another kind of sting ray.  Wondered if it was a baby one but its head almost looked like a bird's head with little eyes on the sides.  Also had a lot of spots on it.
Tomorrow is another work day.  Weekends go fast and so do the weekdays.  Pretty soon ( March 11) will be our year mark.  Time does really go fast.  Have a good week.  
Love, Sherleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, question or leave messages!