Monday, February 24, 2014

2-24-14

Monday was Pres. Day so we missionaries had the day off.  I told about it last week.  Tuesday we went back to work as usual.  We got our 12th rat that day.  Another call to the rat patrol to come and dispose of it.  This week in costumes I have sat and cut pink feathers.  I take one and trim off the sides to make a point at the top.  Feather pieces fly all over.  I walk out of there looking like a feather myself.  Kind of boring after 3 hours a day.
 
Wednesday I can't remember what we did.  More of the same, I bet.  Thursday Denis and some missionaries took off the afternoon and went down to the Marine Military base to go golfing.  Same place Obama golfed this Christmas.  They golfed 18 holes and had carts to ride in besides.  Right by the ocean.  After they got done the people fed them little barbecue sandwiches.  While they were golfing, us wives were trying to hide the fact of them golfing while we were taking tickets & covering for them.  One missionary came right out and asked if they were golfing.  I think he wished he was with them.  Denis owes me a lot for that.
Golf Course in Kaneohe
 



Friday the sewing department began the day with a breakfast for 2 missionary ladies who are going home in the week.  The end really does come (I guess).  It is hard to see them go after one makes friends with them.  Back to work after the party trimming feathers.  That evening we had another going away party for another couple who is leaving to go home to Canada.  Had fun and ate and visited. 

Saturday Denis and I washed windows and screens for the 3rd time since we have been here.  It hasn't rained yet so the windows are still clean.  We sweat so hard from working.  I couldn't get cool all day.  We took tickets again that evening and after that we went to a musical called "Thoroughly Modern Milly"  put on by the college.  The girl who was Milly had taken out her endowments Saturday morning at the temple.  She is going on a mission and her parents had come from the mainland to see her in the play as well as go thru the temple with her.  Very cute and talented girl.  

We were eating at North Shore Taco one day this week and ran into Bruce Duerdan who was over here helping with the play.  He is over the lighting and sets I think at USU.  He didn't know me but he recognized Denis.  His brother is head of the instrumental music dept. over here.  Says he has been here for 13 years.
State flower of Hawaii
Today was church.  They finally got the air-conditioning to work.  Much easier to sit in church when it is not so hot.  The weather has been sunny and warm.  No breezes much this week.  Even the nights are warm.  We are doing good, starting to settle down again after going home.  Hard to get back into the normal routine.  Have a good week.  
Love, Sherleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, question or leave messages!