Sunday June 1st has come quickly. Deaun stayed here for
10 days and we had to say good-bye to her on Wednesday night. Talk about
an easy-going, fun person to be around. Anything is alright and I think
she enjoyed her trip to Hawaii. I know Denis enjoyed having her here
for awhile. Sunday she went to church and saw a lot of our little
foreign friends. We enjoyed dinner (I can't even remember what we had)
and visited for a while. She then left for her hotel.
We worked Monday and I worked Tuesday. Caught 2 more rats over the weekend. One trap was up on the top of cupboards. A fat little Chinese kid with just slits for eyes was coming in to work. The rat was still alive in the trap and knocked itself off of the cupboard right in front of him. It was still alive. He screamed and went running out of the room. Our boss said it was so funny to see him high-tailing it out of there. Another kid had to go in and get the trap and kill the rat. The other rat was in the garbage can digging for food. That is 21 rats we have caught in there in less than 9 months. Disgusting but all we can do is laugh!
Tuesday I went to work and Denis took Deaun down to the airport to take back her rental car. She checked out of her hotel and stayed Tuesday night with us. Tuesday night we went to Prime Dining and to the Breath of Life show.
| roasted pig at the luau |
Wednesday Denis and I went to work and Deaun visited the
beaches here by our house.We didn't leave her much time to sit on the
beach and relax and read. Deaun took our car and visited some a little
ways down. Went up on the corner and had tacos at North Shore Tacos
before we left to take her to the airport. She flew out at 9 P.M. We
hated to see her go but my mom said you should always leave when you are still having
a good time.
| Sherleen & Deaun |
| The twins - Denis & Deaun at the temple |
Thursday and Friday was back to work as usual. It is
quite hot but the winds seem to be blowing more than they were when
Deaun was here.
Friday was Maya Bryson's 8th birthday and how we hated to miss that and her baptism. She is such a cute little girl and we love her. Saturday she was baptized and everyone was good to send pictures and text us of what was going on. That is when it is hard for me trying to figure out why it is more important to be on a mission and miss out on those kinds of things. Also Brady's wedding! I am sure the Lord will bless us more that we can imagine but I am only human and I want what I want!
| Maya with her dad, Broc |
Today, which is Sunday, we got a new Bishopric.
Sad to see our old Bishop and one counselor go but we got to keep the
2nd counselor. He is the one who sings like Elvis. I personally don't
know the new bishop but he is over marketing at PCC. I have seen him
around and heard him talk. He is a Hawaiian I think. Has 6 little kids
besides.
After church Tomomi came home with us and fixed us Avocado
Noodles. It is mashed avocados with a little water in it from the
noodles. Spooned it over the noodles and then put small shrimp on top
of that. She was so proud of her meal and it tasted pretty good also.
She was very clean with her cooking and I could tell she has done quite a
bit of it. She leaves to go home on Saturday for 4 weeks. She sure
doesn't want to because of things that have been done to her at home. I
told her to e-mail me every week and let me know she is o.k. I am
getting quite attached to her. I don't know what will happen when we go
home. She is even being quite comfortable around Denis. I even had to move
over in church so she could sit between us.
| Plumeria |
Hope the trade winds
keep up and the temperatures don't get too high. I wore a full length
slip today and I decided never again over here. Too hot! Have a good
week and be kind to everyone.
Love, Sherleen
'A fat little Chinese kid with just slits for eyes'=my favorite mission quote so far!! I miss Shirk! Can't wait for fall.
ReplyDelete