Monday, June 30, 2014

6-30-14

This weekend has been a pooper!  Friday night I could tell I was starting to get a migraine where I am so dizzy I can't stand up.  I have laid on the bed all weekend.  The winds have not been blowing and it has been so hot.  We went for a ride in the car and enjoyed the air conditioning.  Then I got car sick and had to have Denis stop and get me something to eat.  I started to feel better until we got home to a hot house.  Enjoy the air at home.  Here you have to be rich to be able to afford it.  This week has been the same every day but I look forward to work because of the air in the sewing rooms.  We haven't had to take tickets this week.  I think we fell through the cracks but we enjoyed not doing it.  
 
Thursday night about 8 men missionaries took a van down to the Arizona Monument for some kind of a program about submarines.  They fed them sandwiches and finger foods and then asked for donations.  Denis said the food was real good.  They were gone for about 6 hours.  I bet there were 8 wives who were happier than they had been for ages.  We all had some space and did our own thing that evening.  Several of us commented on what a relaxing evening it was. 

One day we had two sails to repair and they were torn so bad it took us 3 hours for 2 of us to mend both of them.  It is something to keep track of the torn parts on 260 ft. of satin.  We drag them over our laps and get the legs of the chairs we sit on rolled up in the material.  We feel like we wrestle the sails all morning. Such a morning of complicated sewing.

Saturday morning was the Tahiti Devotional.  I was planning on going with Denis but couldn't stand up straight so he went without me.  They feed us breakfast and have a devotional with the Tahitian students singing and giving talks and bearing their testimonies.  Always so good.  Our Relief Society President is one of the students who perform at the PCC.
Look close and you can see the tents at the beach.  Camping by the ocean.
Mountains are so lush and green.  Just thick with plants and trees
Bride and groom having photos done by the ocean.
Denis has done a lot of hard work pushing and pulling conduit in the Pacific Theater this week.  No air moving through and so hot.  I worry that he will get so hot he will have a heart attack.  I can tell the older he gets the more the heat bothers him.  But he would rather do the hard work than just screwing in light bulbs.  He has been trying to help an institute teacher figure out about his van.  Also he has been doing some work at the vacation rental that George owns.  He likes to be busy.  We were talking today saying how we miss so much sitting in our back yard under the trees, feeling the breeze and enjoying the grass.  We have no where to sit outside but in a little alley way looking into the windows of the next house about 5 feet away.  The chicken pen is right next to our door so the chickens come to visit.  We love to feed them anything and they eat it!
 
This week is the 4th of July and we will have it off.  We will miss being home.  This is the holiday where everyone comes to our house after the parade.  Oh well, next year we will celebrate big.  
Love, Sherleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, question or leave messages!